Thursday, March 22, 2012

DIY Sping Ombre Nails





step :  paint your nails a base color of your choice - I chose Lilacism by Essie
step 2: use a cosmetic sponge, they sell these at any pharmacy and they're really inexpensive. paint the tip of the sponge with the color you want to do the "ombre" fading effect with, I chose yell-oh! by color club. 
step 3: lightly dab the sponge on the bottom half of your nails, make sure your base color is completely dry when you do this. repeat this step until you get the effect you want.
step 4: let dry, apply topcoat and you're done :) easy peasy ombre nails.

this takes lots of trial and error & mixing and matching colors but when you get the hang of it it's actually really simple. I hope this helped you guys out and if you plan on trying it out let me know what colors you will use! 

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try this out on my nails for my blog MONTHS ago. Coincidentally, I packed my make-up sponges for my spring break back here at home, and you've inspired me to actually do it! Love your results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby blue and lime green or hot pink!

    ReplyDelete